Old February 18th 05, 05:57 AM
Phil Nelson

Default Building your own Hallicrafters SX-42 cabinet (?)

Here's a new one on me. I have been exchanging email with an SX-42 owner who
found my SX-42 page ( http://antiqueradio.org/halli07.htm ). He is missing
the cabinet. He also is a sheetmetal worker and would like to manufacture a
new cabinet for his 42 from scratch.

I took a bunch of measurements and photos of my cabinet and sent them along
to him. This is the kind of project I never could attempt! We'll see what
transpires. If he's succesful, I might just lend him my spare SX-28 cabinet
to see what he could do. There are lots of SX-28s and SX-42s out there
without raincoats :-)

Regards,

Phil Nelson