Old February 18th 05, 05:57 AM
Phil Nelson

Default Building your own Hallicrafters SX-42 cabinet (?)

Here's a new one on me. I have been exchanging email with an SX-42 owner who
found my SX-42 page ( http://antiqueradio.org/halli07.htm ). He is missing
the cabinet. He also is a sheetmetal worker and would like to manufacture a
new cabinet for his 42 from scratch.

I took a bunch of measurements and photos of my cabinet and sent them along
to him. This is the kind of project I never could attempt! We'll see what
transpires. If he's succesful, I might just lend him my spare SX-28 cabinet
to see what he could do. There are lots of SX-28s and SX-42s out there
without raincoats :-)

Regards,

Phil Nelson

Old February 18th 05, 03:07 PM
Brian Hill

"Phil Nelson" wrote in message
news
Here's a new one on me. I have been exchanging email with an SX-42 owner

who
found my SX-42 page ( http://antiqueradio.org/halli07.htm ). He is missing
the cabinet. He also is a sheetmetal worker and would like to manufacture

new cabinet for his 42 from scratch.

I took a bunch of measurements and photos of my cabinet and sent them

along
to him. This is the kind of project I never could attempt! We'll see what
transpires. If he's succesful, I might just lend him my spare SX-28

cabinet
to see what he could do. There are lots of SX-28s and SX-42s out there
without raincoats :-)

Regards,

Phil Nelson

It's an easy proposition if your a metal worker like myself. It's just a
matter of having the tools on hand to do the job as well as time to do it
right.

B.H.

Old February 19th 05, 04:38 AM
Scott W. Harvey

Phil Nelson wrote:
Here's a new one on me. I have been exchanging email with an SX-42 owner who
found my SX-42 page ( http://antiqueradio.org/halli07.htm ). He is missing
the cabinet. He also is a sheetmetal worker and would like to manufacture a
new cabinet for his 42 from scratch.

I took a bunch of measurements and photos of my cabinet and sent them along
to him. This is the kind of project I never could attempt! We'll see what
transpires. If he's succesful, I might just lend him my spare SX-28 cabinet
to see what he could do. There are lots of SX-28s and SX-42s out there
without raincoats :-)

My SX-42 has no cabinet either.....I'll bet there's a lot of them out
there indeed.

-Scott

--
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE AT THE EMAIL ADDRESS ABOVE!
Instead, go to the following web page to get my real email address:

Need a schematic? check out the Schematic Bank at:
http://techpreservation.dyndns.org/schematics/

Archive of alt.binaries.pictures.radio binary postings:
http://techpreservation.dyndns.org/abpr/
Old February 19th 05, 07:01 PM
Bill Janssen

Scott W. Harvey wrote:

Phil Nelson wrote:

Here's a new one on me. I have been exchanging email with an SX-42
owner who found my SX-42 page ( http://antiqueradio.org/halli07.htm
). He is missing the cabinet. He also is a sheetmetal worker and
would like to manufacture a new cabinet for his 42 from scratch.

I took a bunch of measurements and photos of my cabinet and sent them
along to him. This is the kind of project I never could attempt!
We'll see what transpires. If he's succesful, I might just lend him
my spare SX-28 cabinet to see what he could do. There are lots of
SX-28s and SX-42s out there without raincoats :-)

My SX-42 has no cabinet either.....I'll bet there's a lot of them out
there indeed.

-Scott

I was in a radio station equipment room many years ago and they had a
SX42 in a rack.
It was used to check the signal for harmonic content.

So I would guess that many radio stations had rack mount receivers for
that use.

Bill K7NOM