Old February 22nd 05, 02:55 PM
Michael Lawson

"starman" wrote in message
Private wrote:

Here is some shortwave trivia for you......

Below is one of the first posts ever to this newsgroup. The first
post I could find was dated November 17th, 1989.

I wonder what Ralph Brandi and Richard Shapiro are up to today?

One
should thank them for creating this group a long time ago.

Lloyd

I suspect they are disgusted with how their group has been hijacked

by
OT idiots.

I'd imagine that they thought that way once the big online
services started getting access in the early-mid 90's. I
remember the crap hitting the fan when AOL (and there was
another one before them) came on board the newsfeeds.
At the same time, several people on a couple of the other
ng's I've read in the past wouldn't have been there without
the blanket access of an AOL or MSN, so you take the good
with the bad.

--Mike L.