Old February 23rd 05, 01:16 AM
tianli_

"norhumbco" wrote in message
m...
I'm trying to decide what to buy for my first SW radio. I'm considering

the
Sony 7600GR or the Sangean AT-909. Can anyone give some pros or cons of
each? Or suggest another? Maybe just personal preferences. Also, I will
probably buy from Amazon(by far the lowest prices I've found), are there

any
fair warnings I should know about.

If you are certain you want a "portable" receiver then as has been mentioned
you can't go wrong with the Sony 7600GR in its price class. It is the least
expensive receiver that also has a Sync-Detector. I use mine as my main
"portable workhorse".

Keep in mine the closer you get in price class to around $250-$300 you are
better off looking for a used table top receiver unless you absolutely need
a portable.

I have ordered through Amazon before and haven't experienced any problems.

Also consider a good book like "Passport to Worldband Radio", also available
through Amazon.