Old February 23rd 05, 03:23 PM
BDK

In article dW_Sd.48443$wc.10159@trnddc07, says...
I agree with the 246T suggestion - the 95 does not trnk LTR, no decoding,
and the Close Call option on the 246 is absolutely awesome. Smaller package.
The new memory allocation - how can you compare? No contest...

"Me" wrote in message ...
What should I buy. A clearance priced Pro-95 or the new BC246T?
Any advice?

Exactly. They don't compare..

The 246 got a lot of nice features, but in RADIO PERFORMANCE, the 95
beats it hands down. At my home, there were a half dozen busy Police
freqs that were trashed by pagers and a local TV station. I don't even
hear them on the 95. And no, the 246 wasn't defective, I borrowed
another one, and it was slightly worse!

The tone decode is nice, but if the radio is intermod free, it's not a
needed thing. That's all I ever used it for, keeping the radio from
stopping due to pager or other unwanted signal bleedthrough.

Uniden should spend a buck or two on RF design, and not worry about a
lot of somewhat useful "toys" they put into their radios.

Well, at least they got rid of the damn battery pack crap and went to AA
batts. A step in the right direction. Finally!

BDK