Old February 25th 05, 02:33 AM
Ken Ness

On 2005-02-23 17:27:37 -0500, "mike0219116" said:

I noticed that Universal shows the Drake MS8 speaker as being
discontinued. Drake's website no longer has it available for order, and
Grove doesn't have any left either.

It was a pretty crappy speaker for the money, but it looked good next
to the R8B.

R8 owners might want to check out the Palstar speaker. As I understand
it, Paul had Drake supply the same enclosure (but reorienting the slits
90 degrees and printing the Palstar name) into which he put a better
speaker. Anyone up for a double-blind audiophile test of the two?

As for my first Drake, the MS4 looks great next to the SPR4!

Ken