Old February 25th 05, 06:57 PM
whoever

Dr. Daffodil Swain wrote:
Why not maintain the 5WPM requirement in the U.S., but give No-Code Techs
access to the 80, 40, 15, and 10 meter old novice sub-bands. This would
allow aspiring upgraders a place to hone their skills without having to
just listen to recordings. Also, the sending skills can be developed as
well. A side benefit would be hearing the sound of CW again ( even if it's
bad) in these largly unused segments. Just a thought.

This makes no sense at all. If the so called no-code techs can't do code
now, how would giving them access to code only portion of the bands help
them learn code? If they want to listen to code, they can do that now
without a license. There are code portions of the 2 meter and 6 meter
bands that they have access to now, but I'll bet none of them go there
to practice code! Five wpm isn't that much, if you know the characters
already. If you don't know the characters, then I see no way that you
are going to practice sending code?