Old February 26th 05, 01:23 AM
Scott Dorsey

Mike Terry wrote:

As we evolve into the future of Amateur Radio what do you think we will
invent? Will the ARRL have new interplanetary DX entities? How do you
envision the typical Radio Amateur in 2050?

For one thing, spread spectrum methods are going to totally change the way
we think about frequency allocations, and some bands are probably going to
have to be set aside for spread spectrum use.

But by 2050, I expect that the main issue for amateur radio will be whether
code will be required for licenses or not....
--scott