Old February 26th 05, 09:14 AM
Mike M.

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:26:22 -0500, (ms. tonya)
wrotF:

Hi
I bought a Bearcat 800XLT couple years ago and just now started to
listen late at nite.
The top antenna is still intacked but the back one is missing.
I live in a heavy wooded area with 2 -14 story towers in front and a
monster size pine tree on the edge of my patio facing my living room
where my scanner is located.
I have been looking into discones but this is a rental, no drilling
holes.
Can some one in group please advise me what type of indoor antenna to
purchase as I have no clues what is good or not worth the money.
I have seen some discones that clip on your windows but don't want to
take the screens out of my windows as there are a lot of wild life in my
area.
Any help I would be grateful. Private e-mail welcome.

Get one of the Micro Mag Triband antennas such as this one from RandL
Set it on a pizza pan or cookie sheet and it move it around until you
get the best reception. Sorry R&L isn't big on pictures, but they are
an honest retailer.

http://www.randl.com/cgi-local/cart/...Results%20Page