Old February 26th 05, 02:26 AM
ms. tonya

Default newbie needs help with selecting indoor antennas

Hi
I bought a Bearcat 800XLT couple years ago and just now started to
listen late at nite.
The top antenna is still intacked but the back one is missing.
I live in a heavy wooded area with 2 -14 story towers in front and a
monster size pine tree on the edge of my patio facing my living room
where my scanner is located.
I have been looking into discones but this is a rental, no drilling
holes.
Can some one in group please advise me what type of indoor antenna to
purchase as I have no clues what is good or not worth the money.
I have seen some discones that clip on your windows but don't want to
take the screens out of my windows as there are a lot of wild life in my
area.
Any help I would be grateful. Private e-mail welcome.

Old February 26th 05, 06:53 PM
ms. tonya

Sat, Feb 26, 2005, 9:14am (EST+5) From:
(Mike=A0M.) WROTE:
Get one of the Micro Mag Triband antennas such as this one from RandL
Set it on a pizza pan or cookie sheet and it move it around until you
get the best reception. Sorry R&L isn't big on pictures, but they are an
honest retailer.
http://www.randl.com/cgi-local/cart/...3Dmoreinfo&ti=
tle=3DSearch%20by%20Keyword%20%3A%20Results%20Page
RESPONSE: Thanks Mike, will call them Monday.

Old February 27th 05, 08:01 PM
raystation

If I had 14 story towers in my front yard I'd be doing some serious climbing
and putting up all kinds of discones and beams... then I'd be leasing out
tower space to make a few bucks on the side. Sounds like a location most of
us just dream of.

"ms. tonya" wrote in message

I live in a heavy wooded area with 2 -14 story towers in front and a
monster size pine tree on the edge of my patio facing my living room
where my scanner is located.

Newbie Questions On Modes, etc. (Boston location) Robert11 Scanner 0 January 6th 05 01:02 PM
Newbie Quest's: Aero & Maritime Distress/Emerg. Freq's/Modes, Please ? Robert11 Shortwave 3 March 25th 04 05:40 AM
Newbie help in selecting a receiver Joe Trubisz Shortwave 6 October 22nd 03 04:48 AM
Newbie abr Homebrew 20 September 29th 03 04:07 PM
Newbie abr Homebrew 0 September 28th 03 06:46 PM