Old March 3rd 05, 08:24 PM
Jim

Activity is not down on the bands. Propagation is down.
In 2000 at the peak of the solar cycle, the bands were packed. I spoke to
young, old , male and female. I have my log to prove it. If you want
something, study for it.
If I can pass the 5WPM code (not my favorite mode), anyone can. It seems
that today, people take the easy way out by sniveling that the system is not
fair, rather than
sucking it up and working for their goals.

wrote in message
oups.com...
The totals may be up, but those include active and inactive hams. Just
listen to the bands...ain't nearly as busy as it once was. And listen
to the voices...no youngsters.