Old March 6th 05, 02:43 AM
DxxxxxBxx

MacPherson KS has an EDACS system. They have 5 channels and they can
all be monitored in the clear with a non-trunking scanner.

My PRO-2067 follows them in trunked mode, so I assume there are other
scanners that do it as well.

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 04:54:05 GMT, "tom" wrote:

I thought it was supposed to be impossible to intercept GE/EDACS traffic?!?
I asked about this a couple months ago (I think it was this group, maybe not
though) concerning a canadian municipal PD GE/EDACS system, and the
consensus was that it couldn't be done. Then I came across an ad on a
webpage:
PRO-2096 Digital Trunking Mobile/Base Scanner
EDACS Trunking Mode (ED) - You can set your scanner so it decodes talkgroup
IDs used with EDACS (GE/Ericsson/M/ACOM) trunking systems. This setting is
called the EDACS mode. EDACS systems are used primarily by business or
private communications service providers, as well as by some public safety
organizations.

So, is it possible or not? Is the difference maybe that the PD is using
some digital mode?

Spammers, please send email to:

and get your SMTP server blacklisted!