Old March 6th 05, 03:27 PM
N9OGL

Dee, I'll go a little farther, No where in the rules does it state that
an information bulletin can be opinionated. The only thing the rules
state is that an information bulletin must be "amateur radio related".
Thus, anything outside that scope would be consider broadcasting. For
example, if someone one was to run an information bulletin about what
he thinks is a good antenna for DX and how to set up; it would fall
under the scope. But if Someone was to run an information bulletin
about what they think about the presidents economic plan, then it would
fall outside the scope of an inforamtion bulletin and fall into the
range of broadcasting. I not a gambler but I would bet the federal
courts would see it that way too.

Todd N9OGL

Dee Flint wrote:
"N9OGL" wrote in message
oups.com...

[snip]

The reasons that no one supports my inforamtion bulletins is the

small
minority of amateur radio operators thinks that information

bulletins
are illegal.
Todd N9OGL

Absolutely no one has ever said information bulletins are illegal.

So long
as they meet the requirements of Part 97 there is no problem.

However from
your description of the content, they appear to be op ed pieces

rather than
information.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE