Old March 6th 05, 04:45 PM
Dee Flint

"N9OGL" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dee, I'll go a little farther, No where in the rules does it state that
an information bulletin can be opinionated. The only thing the rules
state is that an information bulletin must be "amateur radio related".
Thus, anything outside that scope would be consider broadcasting. For
example, if someone one was to run an information bulletin about what
he thinks is a good antenna for DX and how to set up; it would fall
under the scope. But if Someone was to run an information bulletin
about what they think about the presidents economic plan, then it would
fall outside the scope of an inforamtion bulletin and fall into the
range of broadcasting. I not a gambler but I would bet the federal
courts would see it that way too.

Todd N9OGL

Everyone would agree that information on what is a good antenna for DX or or
government rulings on antennas would be within the scope of Part 97. And
everyone would agree that a piece on the president's economic plan is
outside the scope. No one has ever said otherwise.

However an editorial on what you think hams should be doing quite possibly
may not classify as information. There's little in an editorial piece that
is of use to hams. Although editorials are derived from facts, they
themselves are not intended to convey information.

The other item that makes things look bad is that from your posts, it
appears as if you are using the ham bands because you were turned down for a
broadcast license. Even if you restrict your content to Part 97 to keep it
legal, it looks as if your interest is broadcasting rather than ham radio.
So why bother? It's too limiting for your objective of being a broadcaster.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE