Old March 6th 05, 03:56 PM

I don't understand why clear channel would want to broadcast on
shortwave. Shortwave is just a medium, and not many people have the
equipment to receive on that medium in the US. There is a reason that
shortwave is dominated by government and privately owned stations that
are subsidized by non-advertising money. The reason is small audience
and no advertisers equates to no profit.

Broadcast FM & MW and satellite FM have a much much bigger base of
listeners and clear channel will go where the advertising and
subscription money is. I have to admit that it would indeed be
humurous to have Rush Limbaugh holding forth next to bible pounders,
survivalists, denizens of the Montana forest and those who are still
sure the commies are still poised to invade the U.S. via Mexico. Rush
has a loyal group of followers now so why risk losing some by switching
to a relatively unkown medium like shortwave. It would make as much
sense to broadcast on LW.

I'm still completely confused by: "Substitute the Name "Rush
Limbaugh" for any of the Top 25 AM/FM
Talk Radio Talents. Put each of them on Three Hours a Day which
equals Eight Regular Hosts Around-the-Clock Monday thru Friday
with several other Hosts representing 'different voices' featured
during the Week-End."