Old March 8th 05, 11:22 PM
fm_soundsgreat_when_a_cab_goes_past

"DAB sounds worse than FM" wrote in message ...
Mike Terry wrote:

So, from this sentence:

"Lacetti Sport features a Blaupunkt single CD player as standard and,
new to this market sector, a DAB digital radio, single CD player as an
option."

you've come to the conclusion that "digital is becoming standard in
cars"?

1. Chevrolet Lacettis are rare in the UK
2. DAB is an OPTION, not standard
3. DAB is not becoming standard in cars
4. You're a knobhead
5. Go away.

ack that's a little unfair. It's a obvious option for manufactures,
but unit prices keep it in the ‘option' or ‘accessory' bin at the
moment, not the fact that it's dab. I have dab in my car and I have to
admit it was night and day when comparing it to my pants factory
fitted fm radio. I'd never go back to an in car fm unit.

quick google around and here's what's going on – without telling you
you're a ‘knobhead'

opel throughout europe and vauxhall in the uk has added dab as a
factory-fitted option to the newly designed audio system in the new
astra. all opel\ vauxhall brands will be optioning dab across europe
by sept 2004

gm daewoo's lacetti, has dab as a price-listed option – we knew that
one.

tvr offers dab as a factory fit across its entire range, with standard
fit on the tuscan s – but then the tuscan is a ******s car

rover and mg dealerships in the uk are offering DAB digital radio as
an accessory.

the new lotus elise 111R has dab digital radio as a factory fitted
option.

fiat dealerships offer dab as an accessory.