Old March 14th 05, 08:18 AM
Tim Wescott

John Popelish wrote:
Hatfield wrote:

Hello, in the past, my from scratch contruction has been @ 12 volts.
Now I am going to try a built from scratch tube project which uses 117
volt main xformer, also 117 v on the plate; the whole radio circuit
will be fused through a 2 amp fuse.

What gauge of hook up wire should I use for the project's circuitry,
for safety's sake, I don't want to use too small.

Thanks for any advice.

WKH

The gauge needed is not related to voltage, but to current. Once you
have decided what current each winding must carry, you can choose the
wire size for that current.
Here is a wire table that recommends wire size versus amps that should
serve.
http://www.pupman.com/listarchives/1.../msg00189.html

The wiring insulation determines the safe operating voltage -- buy wire
who's insulation is rated for the voltages you want to work with. It
should be readily available, so there's no reason to cut corners here.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services