Old March 14th 05, 08:21 AM
Andrew VK3BFA

Hatfield wrote:
Hello, in the past, my from scratch contruction has been @ 12 volts.
Now I am going to try a built from scratch tube project which uses

117
volt main xformer, also 117 v on the plate; the whole radio circuit
will be fused through a 2 amp fuse.

What gauge of hook up wire should I use for the project's circuitry,
for safety's sake, I don't want to use too small.

Thanks for any advice.

WKH

If you are asking this sort of question, then I would seriously doubt
your ability to complete a HV project without killing yourself - have
you read the section "Electrical Safety" in the ARRL handbook - can
recommend it as a good general text on all things electronic.

The size you need is the same as nearly every mains operated appliance
in your house - go to your local hardware store and buy as much as you
need - dont know what current ratings you use in the USA, but 10 amps
is generally more than sufficient for nearly everything. Do you know
how to terminate the power plug safely , and properly wire it to the
radio you are building? - it is important, and again the ARRL handbook
covers such safety issues.

Good luck with the project, you are starting to get into "real"
radio.....

73 de VK3BFA Andrew