Old March 15th 05, 01:06 AM
nitespark

Matt J. McCullar wrote:
I have a Standard C528A twin-band (2m/440) HT that's 12 years old. I've not
used it for a few years, and when I pulled it out of mothballs last week, I
powered it up using an external supply and it simply acted bonkers. It
would not respond properly to all keypad commands.

Taking the HT apart, I found a dead 3-volt lithium battery. I replaced it
with a fresh one, hit the little reset button inside the push-to-talk
switch, but to my chagrin found absolutely no change. The radio still acts
like it's stuck in a particular mode and I cannot punch in a frequency with
the keyboard.

Am I not resetting this radio properly? Is there a particular sequence of
keys I need to hit?

Thanks!!!!

73 DE KJ5BA
Arlington, TX

Try turning the radio off.
Hold down the "F" key, the "Mon" key and turn on the power. You may
hear a series of beeps then release the keys.

I have a C510 and this is how the reset sequence goes for it and they
may be using the same CPU or programming for it.

Andy
WD4KDN

--
I have never met a liberal street cop.