Old August 29th 03, 07:27 PM
Richard Clark

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 08:27:09 -0700, W5DXP
wrote:

Richard Clark wrote:
You have expended far more time climbing Everest in search of the
guru, than simply doing the challenge at the bench.

I don't understand the challenge. Until I do, I would be wasting
my time on the bench. I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't
understand what you are trying to say.

Hi Cecil,

Yes, it is terribly cryptic: how much heat is lost in the line?

It requires advanced techniques in measuring power lost over a known
stretch of transmission line. This is an art unknown to many here and
baffles them in how to proceed when written directions are provided.

Even if they reject those methods and directions, they struggle
through massive tomes to come to no conclusion. What's more, the
example resides in one of their cherished scriptures that many would
swear by and would scream outrage at the suggestion that they might
read it.

The irony is delicious.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC