Old March 17th 05, 01:34 AM
Mr. Obvious

N9OGL wrote: (without citing whom he was responding to)
For your information you redneck, I've started another page where I
plan to post all my idea's and inventions........

Been there; seen that. There's currently one "invention" listed which
has absolutely NOTHING to offer the Amateur Radio service.

Let me repeat here this one key point: Internet communications =!
radiocommunications.

As an aside - the "invention" relies on the use of peer-to-peer I-net
networking run in conjunction with local packet nodes for content
forwarding. What amateur radio packet BBS SysOp in his or her right
mind is going to allow their station to be used as a conduit for
traffic from things such as Kazaa, Limewire and so forth?

In short, that's what was proposed.

Again - Internet communications =! radiocommunications. In this case,
there are some very, very good reasons for wanting the two kept
separate...

Tightly regulating the P2P apps which are allowed to connect into the
nodes might be one way of addressing these concerns. But isn't this
just a solution to a problem that doesn't exist?

Let us also not forget the possibility of the network being abused as a
warez/music/movie distribution pipe. I for one would d@mn sure not want
the resultant heat THAT would generate to happen to ham radio.