Old March 19th 05, 03:45 PM
David Eduardo

"Lex-Lutor" wrote in message
I'm interested in real results between this two antennas, urban area, same
power, same high etc. Running circular we have only 50% of power,
compared
to normal dipole, but there are many positive feedbacks about circular
polarization in urban area!

I did extensive empirical testing in Quito, Ecuador in the mid 60's on
HCTM1, using both horizontal and vertical polarization. I ended up with only
vertical, which reduced the multipath from the reflection of the hills and
mountains considerably. At that time, HCTM1, 95.1, was the only FM on the
air in that city of 700,000 lying in a valley in the Andes, so it was a good
test of signal. Since we were the only FM for about 1000 miles around, we
could do pretty much whatever we wanted.