Old March 20th 05, 04:02 PM
John Franklin

Hi Micheal, I guess after doing the real thing a .1 watt
transmitter doesn't do much for me. I will say however that QRP is fun for
me on HF thru 70CM. I remember once using a signal generator, modulating it
and feeding a longwire. I heard it for about a 5 block radius. I called it
KVOM (K voice of Milpitas) Calif. I picked a clear freq and went for it.
Hmmmmmmm talk about coverage............I live in Nashville and WSM covers
real well. That big Blaw-Knox tower dominates the area along I-65. I can
listen to WSM when in Birmingham AL during the day quite well on a car
radio.

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
John Franklin wrote:

Broadcast Engineer? I started in that field in 1973 and have worked
in TV and AM radio until last year. It was awarded as a civilian
acquired skill when I was drafted in '72. I have worked up to a 5 MW
ERP UHF TV site with a 1749 foot tower. I started with '40s tube
equipment and worked up to state of the art RF and studio sites. I like
a good design, but then I got spoiled working on $80,000 radios and
building multi-million dollar telemetry receiving systems. I don't need
another transmitter around but I would probably build one with a MC1496,
or one of the newer Analog Devices four quadrant multiplier chips if I
changed my mind..

--
?

Michael A. Terrell