Old March 20th 05, 09:00 PM

Spoken like a true puppet of the FCC.
"Al Quaglieri" wrote in message
--=====================_37349937==.ALT

Since the shutdown, KFAR has continued an abbreviated broadcast on the
Internet under a new name, Community Radio of Knoxville, or CRoK, and
looks
for other opportunities.

"KFAR is going to continue to survive as an idea," Irwin said, "until we
can
figure out some way of getting the people of Knoxville access to what
belongs to them - our airwaves."

Enough with these idiots.

Every time they get snagged we hear the cries of outrage re suppressed
viewpoints and the trampled First Amendment. But honestly, if you're
driving 65 through a school zone, you deserve a ticket even if you were on
your way to feed the homeless.

There is a process to putting a station on the air, and getting a license
is part of that process. Everything else - the lack of diversity on the
airwaves, corporate ownership of media, rights of free speech, blah blah
blah - is immaterial.

Here's what most pirate radio is: political diatribes from the far
fringes,
music few people ever needed to hear again, shoutouts to buddies, and
buzzes, hiss, hum and dead air, presided over by the least capable air
"talent" ever to disgrace a microphone. There's a good reason these
self-deluded crusaders couldn't cut it in the world of professional
broadcasting - they suck, and so does their programming.

I think the most recent incarnation of the FCC has overstepped its bounds
by becoming the enforcement wing of those who want to beat America silly
with their Bibles; nonetheless, I still believe imposing technical
requirements and order on our broadcasting bands remain valuable functions
of the Bureau.

Someone please give these guys 100 kHz of the shortwave spectrum so they
can play radio and impress one another.

Al Q.
NY

--=====================_37349937==.ALT

html
body
blockquote type=cite class=cite cite=""font size=3Since the shutdown,
KFAR has continued an abbreviated broadcast on thebr
Internet under a new name, Community Radio of Knoxville, or CRoK, and
looksbr
for other opportunities.brbr
"KFAR is going to continue to survive as an idea," Irwin said,
"until we canbr
figure out some way of getting the people of Knoxville access to
whatbr
belongs to them - our airwaves."/blockquotebr
Enough with these idiots. brbr
Every time they get snagged we hear the cries of outrage re suppressed
viewpoints and the trampled First Amendment. But honestly, if you're
driving 65 through a school zone, you deserve a ticket even if you were
on your way to feed the homeless.brbr
There is a process to putting a station on the air, and getting a license
is part of that process. Everything else - the lack of diversity on the
airwaves, corporate ownership of media, rights of free speech, blah blah
blah - is immaterial.brbr
Here's what most pirate radio is: political diatribes from the far
fringes, music few people ever needed to hear again, shoutouts to
buddies, and buzzes, hiss, hum and dead air, presided over by the least
capable air "talent" ever to disgrace a microphone. There's a
good reason these self-deluded crusaders couldn't cut it in the world of
professional broadcasting - they suck, and so does their
programming.brbr
I think the most recent incarnation of the FCC has overstepped its bounds
by becoming the enforcement wing of those who want to beat America silly
with their Bibles; nonetheless, I still believe imposing technical
requirements and order on our broadcasting bands remain valuable
functions of the Bureau.brbr
Someone please give these guys 100 kHz of the shortwave spectrum so they
can play radio and impress one another.brbr
br
Al Q.br
NY /font/body
br