Old March 22nd 05, 02:17 AM
Dan Say

STONECREED wrote:

I would love to know why shortwave receivers for automobiles are
not sold in the USA. Deal with the state department? Any ideas?
Thanks
CReed

Compared to say Europe, where they are?
Shortwave carries over the borders. Most 'national' i.e.
local radio in Europe is now FM with limited range.

Often you want to hear radio from the next country or
your own country/language before passing the border station
or inside the other country.

The U.S. is a large square block with no neighbouring countries
that people drive to. Local radio in local language is
preferred, and there is not the polyglot of Europe.

You might want to hear overseas, but probably only in English,
while Europeans want to hear non-English.
See for example, Radio Danube and other such tourist season
stations in their own sets of languages for tourists.

I'm not aware of radio-from-home stations for drivers in the U.S.
--
For real Dxing,