Old March 24th 05, 10:05 PM
W6JCW Bob

(Michael Black) wrote in
:

Frank Goenninger DG1SBG ) writes:
(Michael Black) writes:

"Joel Kolstad" ) writes:
Does anyone happen to have a copy of William Orr's "Radio Handbook"
from 1997 that they'd be willing to part with (i.e., sell)? It's
out of print, and so far the only book seller I've found that
actually has a copy wants $95, which is a little too rich for my
blood.

There was a 1997 one? I thought the last one was Edition 23, which
came out in 1987. Certainly when I saw it advertised after
that, it was still showing the 23rd edition. And it's not as
good as the ones previous to it. I'm not sure if it took a dip,
or if it's just that there was little different that interested me
from the previous few editions.

Actually, there is a 1997 reprint from the 23rd edition originating
from 1987. The reprint was done by Butterworth-Heinemann.

There were usually multiple printings of each edition. It only came
out every few years, while the ARRL with an edition once year just
prints a new edition rather than run a second printing.

My 23rd edition is a 3rd printing, from 1989.

Michael VE2BVW

Mine is a 1997 reprint..I bought it new on Amazon.com a couple years ago.