Old March 24th 05, 05:42 PM
Joel Kolstad

Default Source for Radio Hankbook by William Orr

Does anyone happen to have a copy of William Orr's "Radio Handbook" from
1997 that they'd be willing to part with (i.e., sell)? It's out of print,
and so far the only book seller I've found that actually has a copy wants
$95, which is a little too rich for my blood.

It's probably still under copyright protection, but otherwise I'd volunteer
to scan the thing and turn it into a PDF if I could borrow someone's copy.

---Joel Kolstad

Old March 24th 05, 07:08 PM
Michael Black

"Joel Kolstad" ) writes:
Does anyone happen to have a copy of William Orr's "Radio Handbook" from
1997 that they'd be willing to part with (i.e., sell)? It's out of print,
and so far the only book seller I've found that actually has a copy wants
$95, which is a little too rich for my blood.

There was a 1997 one? I thought the last one was Edition 23, which
came out in 1987. Certainly when I saw it advertised after
that, it was still showing the 23rd edition. And it's not as
good as the ones previous to it. I'm not sure if it took a dip,
or if it's just that there was little different that interested me
from the previous few editions.

Lindsay Publications used to have a 1936 edition as a reprint, but
that's out of print. Though of course back then it was under the helm
of Frank Jones.

Michael VE2BVW
Old March 24th 05, 07:16 PM
cl

"Michael Black" wrote in message

"Joel Kolstad" ) writes:
Does anyone happen to have a copy of William Orr's "Radio Handbook" from
1997 that they'd be willing to part with (i.e., sell)? It's out of
print,
and so far the only book seller I've found that actually has a copy wants
$95, which is a little too rich for my blood.

There was a 1997 one? I thought the last one was Edition 23, which
came out in 1987. Certainly when I saw it advertised after
that, it was still showing the 23rd edition. And it's not as
good as the ones previous to it. I'm not sure if it took a dip,
or if it's just that there was little different that interested me
from the previous few editions.

Lindsay Publications used to have a 1936 edition as a reprint, but
that's out of print. Though of course back then it was under the helm
of Frank Jones.

Michael VE2BVW

I "think" it was Howard W. Sams (can't recall for sure) who was having a
"clearance" sale on those books a few years back. I got one for about $20 or
so. Nice book. I could swear from all I've read, the 23rd was to have been
the last. Maybe they snuck another one in.

Try Amazon.com to see if they have it - if you've not already tried there.
Maybe even the store called "Half Price Books" if there is one in your area.
Barnes and Noble or Waldon's may have it, but they're not that cheap. OR
too, you could go to the Howard W. Sams Web Site to see if perhaps they have
any left.

I just checked, mine is the 22nd edition. Oh well!

cl

Old March 25th 05, 04:23 AM
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

In article ,
says...

Does anyone happen to have a copy of William Orr's "Radio Handbook" from
1997 that they'd be willing to part with (i.e., sell)? It's out of print,
and so far the only book seller I've found that actually has a copy wants
$95, which is a little too rich for my blood.

It's probably still under copyright protection, but otherwise I'd volunteer
to scan the thing and turn it into a PDF if I could borrow someone's copy.

A search at this link:

http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/...+Handbook&x=14

...turns up a number of hits. www.abebooks.com is a good search
site for other stuff as well.

Happy hunting.

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm -- www.bluefeathertech.com
with surreal ports?"
Old April 8th 05, 02:12 PM
Highland Ham

Does anyone happen to have a copy of William Orr's "Radio Handbook" from
1997 that they'd be willing to part with (i.e., sell)? It's out of

print,
and so far the only book seller I've found that actually has a copy

wants
$95, which is a little too rich for my blood.

There was a 1997 one? I thought the last one was Edition 23, which
came out in 1987. Certainly when I saw it advertised after
that, it was still showing the 23rd edition. And it's not as
good as the ones previous to it. I'm not sure if it took a dip,
or if it's just that there was little different that interested me
from the previous few editions.

Recently I bought the 19th edition ,second printing (1975) for equiv $ 5.-
from an Ham clearing his shack . It is a treasure from the 'good' old days.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

Old April 8th 05, 07:04 PM
Joel Kolstad

It turns out that Prime Parts (http://www.primeparts.net/Books/books.shtml)
still has some copies if anyone else is looking for the 1997 (last) edition.

---Joel