Old March 30th 05, 03:11 PM
Bob Miller

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:40:42 -0500, Larry W4CSC
wrote:

Paul and Linda Cooper wrote in
:

WTB Heath Cantenna, no oil.

Your post created a flashback into the 1960's for me.

We built a Cantenna and had no transformer oil to cool it, so went down to
the local Eckerd's Drug Store and gathered up 4 quarts of mineral oil off
the shelf. At the checkout, setting the 4 quarts of oil down for the
clerk, she asked, "Oh, is this on sale?"

"No, Ma'am, but he's got an awful problem.", I overheard myself saying of
my ham buddy standing next to me before I could stop it....(c;

She turned as red as I've ever seen a woman and checked us out quickly, I
suppose so we could get started fixing the problem....hee hee...

Sorry I don't have a Cantenna any more or I'd just give it to you....

Yeah, I had the same experience with my Heath Cantenna -- the drug
store only had small bottles of mineral oil; I showed up at the
counter with about a dozen bottles of the stuff. They probably figured
I was building a bomb or something...

bob
k5qwg