Old March 29th 05, 01:32 AM
Paul and Linda Cooper

Default Heath Cantenna

WTB Heath Cantenna, no oil.
Old March 30th 05, 02:40 AM
Larry W4CSC

Paul and Linda Cooper wrote in
:

WTB Heath Cantenna, no oil.

Your post created a flashback into the 1960's for me.

We built a Cantenna and had no transformer oil to cool it, so went down to
the local Eckerd's Drug Store and gathered up 4 quarts of mineral oil off
the shelf. At the checkout, setting the 4 quarts of oil down for the
clerk, she asked, "Oh, is this on sale?"

"No, Ma'am, but he's got an awful problem.", I overheard myself saying of
my ham buddy standing next to me before I could stop it....(c;

She turned as red as I've ever seen a woman and checked us out quickly, I
suppose so we could get started fixing the problem....hee hee...

Sorry I don't have a Cantenna any more or I'd just give it to you....

Old March 30th 05, 03:11 PM
Bob Miller

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:40:42 -0500, Larry W4CSC
wrote:

Paul and Linda Cooper wrote in
:

WTB Heath Cantenna, no oil.

Your post created a flashback into the 1960's for me.

We built a Cantenna and had no transformer oil to cool it, so went down to
the local Eckerd's Drug Store and gathered up 4 quarts of mineral oil off
the shelf. At the checkout, setting the 4 quarts of oil down for the
clerk, she asked, "Oh, is this on sale?"

"No, Ma'am, but he's got an awful problem.", I overheard myself saying of
my ham buddy standing next to me before I could stop it....(c;

She turned as red as I've ever seen a woman and checked us out quickly, I
suppose so we could get started fixing the problem....hee hee...

Sorry I don't have a Cantenna any more or I'd just give it to you....

Yeah, I had the same experience with my Heath Cantenna -- the drug
store only had small bottles of mineral oil; I showed up at the
counter with about a dozen bottles of the stuff. They probably figured
I was building a bomb or something...

bob
k5qwg

Old March 30th 05, 05:44 PM
Michael A. Terrell

Bob Miller wrote:

Yeah, I had the same experience with my Heath Cantenna -- the drug
store only had small bottles of mineral oil; I showed up at the
counter with about a dozen bottles of the stuff. They probably figured
I was building a bomb or something...

bob
k5qwg

Or severely constipated.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old March 30th 05, 11:14 PM
WA9VRH Larry

We all must have a somewhat warped mind when it comes
to a Cantenna! I hauled the 4 quarts of mineral oil
to the counter and set it down. The clerk had a bit of
a quirky smile on her face. I looked up and smiled and
told her "This stuff is REALLY good when you mix it
with Jack Daniels"! I also wanted to also say "It's
also good to give your dogs when you want to fertilize
your yard" However I was having trouble suppressing a
huge laugh from the look on her face so I just clammed
up. Fun stuff! What other hobby can you have such
fun in especially in the medical field!
73 Larry WA9VRH

Old March 31st 05, 08:18 AM
Michael A. Terrell

WA9VRH Larry wrote:

We all must have a somewhat warped mind when it comes
to a Cantenna! I hauled the 4 quarts of mineral oil
to the counter and set it down. The clerk had a bit of
a quirky smile on her face. I looked up and smiled and
told her "This stuff is REALLY good when you mix it
with Jack Daniels"! I also wanted to also say "It's
also good to give your dogs when you want to fertilize
your yard" However I was having trouble suppressing a
huge laugh from the look on her face so I just clammed
up. Fun stuff! What other hobby can you have such
fun in especially in the medical field!
73 Larry WA9VRH

And to think I missed all the fun. i just called the engineering
dept. at a local steel mill. One of the engineers got me a gallon of
transformer oil from their motor & transformer rewinding shop shop and
had it dropped of to my house.

Old March 31st 05, 12:28 PM
GBrown

I use Sunflower oil in mine.
Regards,
Gary...WZ1M
..

Old March 31st 05, 07:34 PM
Bill Turner

I HAVE A GALLON OF TRANSFORMER OIL.

CHECK MY WEBSITE: www.dialcover.com
Bill Turner, excuse caps, short answers, stroke.
Business SASE, each order a copy of The Pocket Resource Guide.

FS - Yaesu. Heath, misc M. Kassay Swap 0 December 9th 04 02:41 PM
Heathkits For Sale.... M. Kassay Boatanchors 4 February 28th 04 08:21 PM
FA: Heath Heathkit Cheyenne AM/CW Transmitter + AC Power Supply SomeDetritus Swap 0 February 21st 04 01:18 AM
Need Heath Cantenna Dummy Load Resistor W9zr Swap 2 January 23rd 04 02:37 PM
Heath to Drake PS Wa4uso Homebrew 0 July 30th 03 01:15 PM