Old April 3rd 05, 02:10 AM
Dave S

Not sure what you mean by one trunking system per scanner. More than half
of my 245 is devoted to trunking systems. I regularly scan multiple
trunking and non-trunking channels. Am I missing your point here?

--

Dave S

"Steve Silverwood" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
My ultimate scanner would let me:
1. Allow to transmit on the frequency I am monitoring.

(Please add your wish)

I don=3Ft share your wish for transmit capability, but here goes:

- The ability to set up more than one trunk system, and switch
easily between one or the other -- or better yet, to set up
one =3Fmemory=3F with one trunk system and another =3Fmemory=3F with
another trunk system, etc. and just scan across them like
they were any other preset. (I ask for this because there
are several trunked systems here in Orange County, CA. One
is at Disneyland, another is the Orange County Fire Authority,
and yet another is the county law enforcement system (city
and county agencies). There are others, but those are the
major ones. It sucks to have to program up one scanner for
each trunked system.)

- Mobile and desktop =3Fdocking stations=3F to permit taking a
system from the house and plugging it right into the mobile.
They make docking stations (or =3Fport replicators=3F) for
notebooks, why not for radios?

Given time, I suspect I could come up with a bunch, but those are the
first ones that come to mind.

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS