Old October 12th 03, 02:31 PM
ckh

On Sun, 12 Oct 3903 00:01:12,
] wrote:

I just bought a TR-4 for my brother's birthday, and his wife asked me
why it needs a separate power supply. I explained that mobile and
fixed stations need different supplies, and so they're sold
separately.

However, her question has piqued my curiousity, and I'll ask the rrab
readers to answer one of mine: why were the transmitters of "twin"
receiver/transmitter combos, such as the R-4/T-4 pair, designed with
separate supplies?

If there are any historians reading this, I'd appreciate your
insights into why the design went in this direction.

TIA.

73, Bill W1AC

(My email address is in the headers)

Some were, some weren't. 32S3, SB-400, HT-44, T-599.

de ah6gi/4