Old April 5th 05, 05:34 AM
starman

Thanks Frank.

wrote:

Starman - most of my filters are leftovers from various projects and
scrapped junker receivers and the like. I occasionally type "Murata"
into the search box on Ebay and you would be surprised what pops up at
times. I got a package of 6 Murata CFW455I filters for about $25 a few
years ago. I've since either used most up in upgrades for various
people or given them away. I still have a number of 455H and G types I
think. You may want to enter "Barend Hendricksen" into a Google
search. I think this guy sells all types of filters out of the UK.

Frank
K3YAZ
Tucson

starman wrote:
Frank,

Where are you getting Murata filters these days?

TIA

wrote:

The R-1000 should do well on either of the antennas you mentioned.

My
R-1000 showed some slight overloading on a 130' wire but did well

on a
60' coax/matching xfmr fed wire. I replaced the 12 kHz filter with

a 6
khz one (Murata CFW455H) and the audio quality was not degraded
significantly but the selectivity sure was better. Removing the top

pc
board is a hassle the first time, however!

Frank

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
120,000+ Newsgroups