Old October 13th 03, 04:16 AM
Mike Knudsen

In article , "Joe"
writes:

I had one of them they do use a product detector however the ANL is no more
sophisticated then a SB-301, Tempo One, HA-230 (all use diode clippers)
From what I remember its just 2 solid state diodes back to back, especially
on a strong signals they "nip" the output of the IF all the way down
You will notice the audio gets distorted too, its normal.

Sure, I expect some distortion on the audio when any ANL is on, even on fancy
radios likethe R390A that let you dial your own compromise between ANL
effectiveness and distortion.

I'm wondering if at least one of those ANL diodes in the '117 are shorted.
--Mike K.

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.