Old April 8th 05, 08:00 AM
K4YZ

bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:

TOPOFF-3 will be four days. More than ample time for any

one
person to pull more than one "shift" during the exercise,

depending
on
how you're defining "shift".

12 hour shifts: Four (assuming 12 on / 12 off)

8 hour shifts: Six (assuming 8 on / 8 off)

4 hour shifts: Eight (assuming 4 on / 8 off)

Levy your "attack" on Phil. Phil said it was two days, and that

he
would be working both days.

There was no attack. Either on you, nor especially on Phil.

Then why did you find it necessary to snip your crappy little

comment?

Because there was no "crappy little comment", Brian.

"Always at a deficit for information, aren't you, Brian?"

That's not "crappy", Brian...It's the truth. That YOU don't LIKE
it is one thing...

If I cannot trust the information that the participant provides, then
what can I trust?

Yeah...I guess when RRAP is the ONLY place you get your
"information" from, then you're pretty much at loggerheads as to what
you "know"...

YOU, however, were the one making the comments about how many
shifts he was pulling-vs-qualified operators to do it.

That is no reflection on Phil. It is a reflection on the rest on the
amateur community, as I said.

I didn't say it was a reflection on Phil, Brian.

It's about your own insinuations of why it was "necessary" for
Phil to pull more than one "shift" on this exercise.

Brian...You CAN pull more than two shifts under ONE of

those
formats, couldn't you...??? I sure could, and will. CAP is a
participating agency in this.

Steve, K4YZ

Do provide RRAP an after action report of your heroic CAP

activities.

I don't engage in heroics, Brian. By the book...safe and
responsible. That's how I got through my tour in the USMC with my

tail
intact, that's how I have spent 30+ years in CAP without injury,

and
that's how I practice Nursing.

Your behavio[u]r here indicates otherwise.

My behaviour here has nothing to do with what happens in the
cockpit of an aircraft, Brian.

Now...about your assertion that ARES can't/won't respond to
emergencies...Are you going to provide some validation of that
statement?

ARES will respond to emergencies as they are able, just like cell
phones may or may not work in an emergency.

Then you are acknowledging that your statement was false and
misrepresentitive of ARES' ability to respond...?!?!

----------
OK, below is the information that Phil provided.
----------

It's a two-day exercise, and I can make it both days.

I would guess that you have to pull two shifts because there are

not
enough amateur volunteers.

Actually, we have six operators qualified for that location,

and
we
work in teams of three (county voice net, inter-hospital voice

net,
county-wide packet net) so we'll have plenty of operators.

Now c'mon Phil. I used to write duty schedules, so I know how many
times two teams of three fit into a calendar day. Is this a

two-day
ORI?

----------

You inform me that it is a four day exercise, or 96 hours. Assuming
12-hour shifts, that is 8 time slots.

Phil and 5 other volunteers are participating, and each "team" is
comprised of three volunteers. That makes two teams. Team A, and

Team
B.

Let's put Phil on Team A, and Phil is pulling two shifts.

Day 1, Team A: Day
Team B: Night

Day 2, Team A: Day
Team B: Night

Day 3, Team A: Day (no Phil, team is short handed)
Team B: Night

Day 4, Team A: Day (no Phil, team is short handed)
Team B: Night

Remember, the conditions are that there are only six (6) qualified
operators, so there is a deficit of volunteers unless they are

pulling
some 24 hour shifts. We don't know how few or many shifts the other
volunteers will pull.

Sorry, Steve, but thems the numbers. And I would guess that Phil's
group is quite active.

And you have made the assumption that they are working 12 hour
shifts. Your re-arrangement still does not substantiate your other
claims.

And Phil states they "work in teams of three".

He does not state that all three are "on duty" at all times. I've
never been on ANY mission or exercise, USMC, CAP, Red Cross, ARES, etc,
where ALL operators were "on duty" at one time.

Sorry, Brian...Your contentions are still grasping for straws.

Nice try, though.

Steve, K4YZ