Old April 9th 05, 11:37 PM
running dogg

David wrote:

Mine works great on FM. But then again, I didn't buy it so I could
take it apart and dust it for prints.

The Tivoli was designed as a long range-weak signal FM radio, meant to
pick up FM stations that other radios couldn't. And IMO (I have one) it
does that quite well. From what I've heard, little attention was paid to
the AM circuits, and AM performs noticably worse than FM. I've taken it
apart, and most of the circuitry is behind the tuning dial and shielded
from view with metal shielding-either to prevent dial images or to
prevent reverse engineering of the patented design depending on your
point of view. There's a little bit of circuitry behind the back panel.
Most of the middle is just air. The Tivoli is a FM DX machine par
excellence-great if you're trying to recieve distant FM stations, a good
choice for people who live in a rural area (like the Nevada deserts)
where local FM is few and far between. Also if you're actually
interested in FM DXing and/or live in an area with an overcrowded FM
dial it's great. Otherwise, forget it.

On 8 Apr 2005 19:20:54 -0700, wrote:

pls check the following link for picture and detail

http://bbs.leowood.net/web/leowood/f...=0&ClassID =0

another complaint from Model one user

http://bbs.leowood.net/web/leowood/f...=0&ClassID =0

Too bad!!!