Old April 9th 05, 03:20 AM

Default terrible TIVOLI MODEL ONE £* rubber band£¬ fingerprint£¬ hotmelt glue£¬internal antenna

pls check the following link for picture and detail

http://bbs.leowood.net/web/leowood/f...=0&ClassID =0

another complaint from Model one user

http://bbs.leowood.net/web/leowood/f...=0&ClassID =0

Too bad!!!

Old April 9th 05, 01:23 PM
Invader3K

I think most of us don't read whatever Asian language that is.

As for complaining about the Model One's quality...I have heard them, I
think they sound OK. But how much quality can you expect considering
what they sell for...aren't they like, 100 bucks or something in that
range?

Old April 9th 05, 09:55 PM
Telamon

In article .com,
"Invader3K" wrote:

I think most of us don't read whatever Asian language that is.

As for complaining about the Model One's quality...I have heard them,
I think they sound OK. But how much quality can you expect
considering what they sell for...aren't they like, 100 bucks or
something in that range?

I bought one to sit on my desk at work. It is tuned in to a local PBS
classical music or news station and I have been very happy with it.
Being a cubical dweller does not leave you with allot of room and since
I am surrounded by people I keep it at a low level during normal work
hours. I turn it up evenings and weekends. It sounds good at low or
loud volume. I paid about $100 for it at Circuit city. It's been on my
desk a few years now.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old April 9th 05, 10:09 PM

I had one in my office at the last place I worked and it worked great.
I did take it apart to see the inside and it was pretty dense component
wise but didn't seem to be too badly constructed. IMO it was best
table radio I've had.

Frank

Old April 9th 05, 11:37 PM
running dogg

David wrote:

Mine works great on FM. But then again, I didn't buy it so I could
take it apart and dust it for prints.

The Tivoli was designed as a long range-weak signal FM radio, meant to
pick up FM stations that other radios couldn't. And IMO (I have one) it
does that quite well. From what I've heard, little attention was paid to
the AM circuits, and AM performs noticably worse than FM. I've taken it
apart, and most of the circuitry is behind the tuning dial and shielded
from view with metal shielding-either to prevent dial images or to
prevent reverse engineering of the patented design depending on your
point of view. There's a little bit of circuitry behind the back panel.
Most of the middle is just air. The Tivoli is a FM DX machine par
excellence-great if you're trying to recieve distant FM stations, a good
choice for people who live in a rural area (like the Nevada deserts)
where local FM is few and far between. Also if you're actually
interested in FM DXing and/or live in an area with an overcrowded FM
dial it's great. Otherwise, forget it.

Old April 10th 05, 04:54 AM
RHF

David,
Old April 10th 05, 02:46 PM
David

On 9 Apr 2005 20:54:51 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

David,
.
FWIW - I have a Tivoli Model One
(in Silver & Black = Go Raiders !)
That I use Up-in-the-Hills and Down-in-the-Valley
at Twain Harte, CA as a Bedside Radio for
FM Classical Music Listening (KDFC) and
KDFC = http://www.kdfc.com/new/home_flash.cfm
and NPR Program Listening (KQED).
KQED-FM-RADIO = http://www.kqed.org/radio/
.
EXTERNAL "FM" ANTENNA FOR IMPROVED RECEPTION :
I had to use the 75 Ohm "F" Jack on the back with an 'external'
FM Antenna to get some of the SF Bay Area FM Radio Stations
that I like to hear both day and night (about 100 Air Miles) .
.

. . . . .

I use the $25 Radio Shack FM Yagi beamed South and virtually get every
station from Ventura to Rosarita on my Tivoli Model One.

http://www.radioshack.com/category.a...2%5F000&Page=1

http://www.tivoliaudio.com/product.p...39&cat=&page=1