Old October 18th 03, 02:29 AM
Mike Knudsen

In article , "GB" writes:

My vote, good buy but first, have to see the inside top to determine if a
true 28 or an "A" model. would have to see a pic of the rear apron to see if
ant. and spkr. terminals are still intact. Also the main tune/ bandspread
cap cover should be there. These are all items that are missing or broken.

Also, there are two non-A versions. One is higher quality, with air-variable
trimmer caps in the RF alignments, and gear-driven tuning on the bandspread.
Later (?) version has string drive BS, and plain old compression RF trimmers.

I sold three SX-28s last year for $250, but the buyer drove clear up to Maine
to get them, and one had donated its power trans and another was pretty rusty.
But one sort of worked. --Mike K.

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.