Old October 16th 03, 10:30 PM
Who

Default FS: SX-28, 2 cases, R42 speaker and WW2 ad (Need to sell)

http://www.goldsteinproductions.com/sx28.html

Ok, I finally have all the pictures completed on my SX-28 Skyrider.
The best price for the whole package in the Los Angeles area takes
it.(or I'll ship it if the buyer makes the arraignments. I don't have
the time)

First $500 dollar offer takes it.
Here's what you get in the Package

1) the Radio in a military case (with extra glass vu meter cover that
goes over the left dial)

2) the standard SX 28 case

3) a Hallicrafters R-42 speaker

4) a framed original ad for the radio from the War.

Sorry for the delay in posting this. Please get it out of here before
my wife kills me.
The radio in working order(can use a tune up I'm sure).

I am not a ham radio collector or electrician

http://www.goldsteinproductions.com/sx28.html

Old October 16th 03, 10:47 PM
jakdedert

I think you're being wildly optimistic in your pricing; but good luck. IMO,
it 'is' a very nice example....

jak

Old October 17th 03, 10:06 AM
GB

Looks to be all there, not the matching speaker but will work just fine. No
extra holes. Wish I could see the bottom and the inside at the pics site.
All the knobs are there, dial lock is there. Says it works, needs
restoration, not a tune-up. Good project, I don't don't know the seller but
the price he is asking is reasonable. I have sold two of these in the past
year, in worse shape at $350.00/each.
My vote, good buy but first, have to see the inside top to determine if a
true 28 or an "A" model. would have to see a pic of the rear apron to see if
ant. and spkr. terminals are still intact. Also the main tune/ bandspread
cap cover should be there. These are all items that are missing or broken.
Regards,
Gary...WZ1M

Old October 18th 03, 02:29 AM
Mike Knudsen

In article , "GB" writes:

My vote, good buy but first, have to see the inside top to determine if a
true 28 or an "A" model. would have to see a pic of the rear apron to see if
ant. and spkr. terminals are still intact. Also the main tune/ bandspread
cap cover should be there. These are all items that are missing or broken.

Also, there are two non-A versions. One is higher quality, with air-variable
trimmer caps in the RF alignments, and gear-driven tuning on the bandspread.
Later (?) version has string drive BS, and plain old compression RF trimmers.

I sold three SX-28s last year for $250, but the buyer drove clear up to Maine
to get them, and one had donated its power trans and another was pretty rusty.
But one sort of worked. --Mike K.

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.

Old October 21st 03, 10:49 PM
Space Charge

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:30:02 GMT, Who wrote:

http://www.goldsteinproductions.com/sx28.html

Is that one of the S-Meters Hallicrafters used in this series, or is
that a non-OEM replacement?

-Lin/KJ6EF
For email responses, remove "nospam_".