Old April 14th 05, 12:06 AM
Ralph Mowery

"THOR" wrote in message
I am rebuilding the power supply on a Johnson Messenger 250 and the
schematics call for 200v - 1.5 amp diodes. All I can find are 200v 1 amp
or 200 v 3 amp. (at Radio Shack)

What should I do? or where should I look to get the proper diodes. Your
help would be greatly appreciated.

For noncritical applications you can go to any higher voltage diode , even
up to 1000 or 1.5 K volt diodes. The current rating is about the same .
You can find some 3 amp diodes that are about the same size as the 1 amp
diodes. YOu can go up to almost any reasonable amp rating on the diodes.

You may look on Ebay for some of the diodes.