Old April 13th 05, 06:22 AM
THOR

Default Which diodes to install

I am rebuilding the power supply on a Johnson Messenger 250 and the
schematics call for 200v - 1.5 amp diodes. All I can find are 200v 1 amp
or 200 v 3 amp. (at Radio Shack)

What should I do? or where should I look to get the proper diodes. Your
help would be greatly appreciated.

Old April 13th 05, 12:12 PM
Floyd Sense

You should use the 200V 3 amp diodes. Any voltage/current rating diode that
meets or exceeds the original spec and fits the available space will work.
You should also consider buying parts at Mouser, where you'll find them at a
fraction of the cost of the RS parts. There's no minimum order and the
shipping cost is easily covered by the savings if you're buying several
parts at one time.

K8AC

Old April 14th 05, 12:06 AM
Ralph Mowery

"THOR" wrote in message
I am rebuilding the power supply on a Johnson Messenger 250 and the
schematics call for 200v - 1.5 amp diodes. All I can find are 200v 1 amp
or 200 v 3 amp. (at Radio Shack)

What should I do? or where should I look to get the proper diodes. Your
help would be greatly appreciated.

For noncritical applications you can go to any higher voltage diode , even
up to 1000 or 1.5 K volt diodes. The current rating is about the same .
You can find some 3 amp diodes that are about the same size as the 1 amp
diodes. YOu can go up to almost any reasonable amp rating on the diodes.

You may look on Ebay for some of the diodes.