Old April 27th 05, 03:00 AM
Honus

wrote in message

snip

Cambodia or Laos.I hear tell The Moving Wall www.themovingwall.org
will be in Oxford,Mississippi this weekend.I think I will go there.

I've been, and I recommend it. There's a cemetery with a large military
section near my corner of the country; they call it "the Arlington of the
West". I'd been trying to teach my son some value lessons about vets,
service, etc. and one of the ways I decided to do it was to research one of
the guys buried at this place. I chose a Medal of Honor recipient, Lewis
Albanese, since that would make our research a lot easier (books here at
home, and the Internet) and quicker, thus driving the point(s) home while
things were still fresh in his mind. Not too long after that the Moving Wall
came to town and I took the family to get some rubbings of some special
names, including the one he'd been reading up on. While we were there, an
old school-mate of this guy's showed up and my son got to speak to someone
who actually knew him. Cool beyond words...even for someone as verbose as
myself.

Here's a tiny link to a neat website that has photos of the headstones of
MOH recipients.

http://tinyurl.com/89jdv

And here's a copy of his MOH citation for anyone that cares...and you sure
as **** ought to.

http://tinyurl.com/ab22n