Old April 29th 05, 02:03 PM
Yooper

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 19:14:14 -0500, "Yooper"
wrote in :

I've just temp installed a cb in my truck and can't hear anything except

for
some guy who says he's in Puerto Rico.

Assuming you aren't in Puerto Rico, what you are hearing is probably
'skip' -- a radio signal that 'skips' off the ionosphere and back down
to your antenna.

Needless to say, I haven't had a cb
hooked up before. The only way I can hear that guy is if I turn up the
squelch. Is there a FAQ where I can get some answers or can I ask on

here?

Jim linked a very good FAQ, but feel free to ask any questions to the
group. Just ignore the trolls and occasional bickering.

Thanks for the replies jim and Frank. Off to do some reading.