Old May 1st 05, 02:35 AM
Mike Coslo

Cecil Moore wrote:

John Smith wrote:

Yes, we have a precise measurement of that exact moment!!! (when the
Earth began its' first revolution!!!)

Precisely 4.5 billion years ago. :-) Strange as it may seem,
there is evidence, gathered by comparing Bristlecone Pine
rings to atomic dating methods, that a second today is
shorter than a second was yesterday. Shortening the length
of a second gives a whole new meaning to the Red Shift.

I had the great fortune of attending a talk given by a paleontologist,
in which he noted that microgrowth rings of fossil shells do indeed show
that the day length has indeed shortened. Although he was careful not to
draw any definitive conclusions - yet - it was apparent that due to the
changes in the Earth's orbit over time were giving rise to changes in
the length of the solar day, which in turn end up changing the length of
all the units that we use to measure time.

That time occurs is not all that arguable to me. Our measurements of it
is a modifiable thing tho'.

- Mike KB3EIA -

- Mike KB3EIA