Old May 1st 05, 01:22 PM
K4YZ

K=D8HB wrote:
"Bill Sohl" wrote

Just some additional things to consider...it isn't just a black and
white issue. There's all sorts of grey areas in the realm of free
speech limits.

Hi Bill,

Long time, no see! Hope you're well.

Everything you've described is a PRICE, not a limit.

Sure it's a limit, Hans.

Know why there's no Hummer in my driveway? Becasue it costs over
$60,000 to get one equipped the way I'd like it.

If the price was half that, I'd have one.

Seems like a limit to me.

You can argue the language all day long, Hans, but whether it's a
line in a lawbook saying "Thou shalt not..." or the threat of monetary
forfiture or imprisonment, there ARE limits.

You can use your same "argument" to say that there is no "limit"
to commiting murder or bank robbbery.

In accordance with the US Constitution I can say anything I want to

say. The
price I pay may be that I lose acess to a particular channel

communications
channel, but I am in no way limited in what I may say.

Stand up in a populated room and say "I am going to kill the
President" and see how far your "limit" on what you THINK you can say
goes.

The control freaks may
persuade the likes of "Consolidated" to decline to carry Todd's words

to us, but
in no way can they prevent him from saying them.

You try to set your own limits on what others say, Hans, by
applying your own labels, ie: "control freaks", with the intention that
this will cause them to change what they say to avoid your labelling.
You are trying to set your own limits.

You are very much the same "control freak" that you accuse others
of being.

Unfortunately, rather than
engage in an honest two-way dialog with someone with the grapes to

identify
himself, it is likely that Todd will become another of the many

"Lloyd's" who
infest rrap.

Yes, Todd "identified" himself, and as you say, he had "the
grapes" to do it.

Todd's issues are not with signing his name. They are with his
lack of civility and his failure to recognize that his behaviour, both
in this forum and on the air, are not welcomed.

"Congress shall make no law.... abridging the freedom of speech...."
--Amendment I, US Constitution

I know that by pointing this out I stand in danger of the same

treatment as
accorded to Todd, but let Steve do "his best" as he earlier alluded

in relation
to a member of my family.

I offered you a sincere "best wishes", Hans, and as usual you
tried to turn it into something else. I have, in the past, refered to
you as "Lennie with a License", and that is exactly why.

As Bill aptly pointed out, the First Ammendment restricts the
government from arbitrarily making those laws.

NOTHING in the Constitution says that it can't be ammended if the
citizens it governs so choose to do so. Perhaps it's time.

Steve, K4YZ