Old May 2nd 05, 08:14 PM
Jim Hackett

If you had a Uniden BCT-8 you wouldn't have this problem. It has all 50
states pre-programmed.
I know, it doesn't help. Just thought I'd mention it in case you were
feeling "spendy" I paid $169 for mine...

"Big Kahuna" wrote in message
Greets.

I'll be driving from CA to OK in about a month. I was pondering taking
the scanner, but then I thought I'd have to enter a *ton* of frequencies
for various highway patrol districts, towns, sheriffs, etc. Then I'd
have to put all of that in banks and scan the appropriate bank. Way too
much research and inputting freqs....

Can someone give me a general idea of what a good set of general freqs
might be for this trip? I guess I won't be able to input all the
specifics, but thought a general emergency and shared set might work....

Thanks.