Old May 4th 05, 05:38 PM
Charlie

I don't agree that Heil is taking any "hits" with the CSS. I also own an
AmCom Clear Speech Base Unit purchased about 3 years ago before Bob got into
the development. It also did not come with a power supply and AmCom also
strongly recommended that one use a separate power supply due to potential
feedback issues. It cost me an additional $20 for a ps and ferrites and my
CSS is feedback free even on HF with 1KW.

I used the Heil CSS last night with headphones plugged in while running a 2M
SSB net wow what a treat!

--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH

"Justín Käse" wrote in message
In posted on Tue, 3 May
2005 20:15:17 -0500, Charlie wrote:

Every Ham should already have a clean and neat cable system and effective
RF
and electrical ground. And while I'm on my soap box...Radio Shack has 2
different ac power adapters that can power the CSS..and they range from
$15 - $17. If you can afford $210 for a speaker but can't go the $15-$17
for
the power source let me know..I'll send ya one! Sheesh...

Sheesh indeed,
a company that recognizes the critical nature of selecting a sheilded
power supply, yet doesn't include one, even if it's less than eight
percent of the total cost, is just asking for their reputation to take a
hit.
--

JK