Old May 5th 05, 05:01 PM

From: "bb" on Wed,May 4 2005 4:13 pm

wrote:
From: "K0HB" on Tues,May 3 2005 5:59 pm

"bb" wrote

The ARRL is about HF radio using Morse Code.

Bull****.

In the face of REALITY of years of published fact
that Brian is right, I "hurl your opinion aside
with great force!"

Yup, everyone just got through saying that there's a problem

attracting
Technicians to the organization. No one seems to be able to put their
finger on exactly why, only because they reject the -correct- answer
(reminds me of the OJ case). And they still wring their hands and

bite
their knuckles and ask, "Why?"

It's awful. Those olde-tymers just CAN'T understand
why all the newcomers DON'T worship the olde-tymers'
ideals of long ago.

Hell, I'm OLDER than most of them and I STARTED on
HF...but NOT doing a bit of "CW." :-)

OK, I'll rephrase the answer. The ARRL may not be just about HF
radio using Morse Code, but the Technicians think it is. Hi! Sheds a
whole new light on the subject. How about that for fair play?

Works for me. :-)

Does definitely NOT work for those olde-tyme
morsemen locked into the standards and
practices of seven decades ago...they're
still scratching their balding heads wondering
why the rest of the radio world gave up on "CW."

Well, they have their imaginary universes
locked up in their heads. They seem to be
happy in their status quondam...