Old May 9th 05, 01:54 AM
JB

I had one that would cook the RX VCO away. I would unkey the TX and
the RX would go away. It couldn't be fixed under warranty, so I took
it back and got a Yaesu.

"Ken Bessler" wrote in message
"Bart Bailey" wrote in message
In Message-ID:SQbfe.14797$tp.2121@fed1read04 posted on Sat, 7

May 2005
18:05:22 -0500, Ken Bessler wrote: Begin

Anyone with a DR-610 out there? I've got one that seems
to like to run hot. It's always warm and when transmitting it
gets hot and stays hot for a long time after the QSO. Yes,
I checked the fan - it's running.

Rig works FB - I'm just worried it's going to burn up!

Help?

I had one about ten years ago, and it too ran hot, never any

problems,
must have been due to the robust voltage regulation, like the

current
icom 706's have and get hot because of.

--

Bart

Thanks, Bart - Now that I think of it my old 706MkII got
this way, too. I read in the manual that the RF power level
is connected to a thermistor and the rig will cut power down
if the rig gets too hot. So, far, running remote base, cross
band repeat, echolink, SSTV & general use the rig has
gotten coffee cup hot but the heatsink didn't get too hot and
the power stayed at 100% of what I had it set to.

I guess it's just a cooker!
--
Just my 2¢ worth... 73's es gd dx de Ken KGØWX
Grid EM17ip, Flying Pigs #1055, Digital On Six #350,