Old May 11th 05, 01:06 AM

Dave
I was hoping that the IEEE would have a definition upon
which I could hang my hat on. Hate to see another quabble
like we had with TOA!
In my particular case I have two elements coupled in such
a way that even tho only one is driven the other is also of
the same phase ie. additive, all other elements are longer
than the driven element which suggests multiple reflectors,
absent an accepted definition.
Regards
Art

" wrote in message
When modelling close spaced element antenma
assemblies it is possible that some elements are
physically longer than the "driven" element.
Is the length of a element sufficient enough to
declare that element a " reflector" or are there
other caveates involved.( i.e. phase)
As background to this question I would point
out that that it is possible to have two closed
spaced (positioned) elements one of which is
shorter and one of which is longer than
the "driven " element, this combination being
placed either forward or to the rear of the
"driven " element.
Regards
Art