Old May 12th 05, 12:18 PM
Dave Hall

On Wed, 11 May 2005 11:29:58 -0400, (I
AmnotGeorgeBush) wrote:

From:
(Dave*Hall)
On Tue, 10 May 2005 18:43:50 -0400,
(I
AmnotGeorgeBush) wrote:
(Which won't likely happen if you are both
monogamous. )

Being monogamous with your wife/husband/partner has nothing to do with
your past.

Never said that it did.

*

You said one will not likely catch AIDS if one practices monogamy. This
would only hold true if both were virgins when getting married..,not
practical when applied to present reality, as the vast majority have a
sexual past history.

And the less promiscuous that past is, the less likely that one will
catch AIDS.

Besides, you imply that it's next to impossible or, at the very least,
unrealistic for someone to wait until marriage to engage in sexual
relations. There is nothing honorable or otherwise noteworthy about
becoming sexually active in your teenaged years, despite the image
that the major media outlets try to paint to those overly
impressionable teenagers.

_
*There are instances where the HIV virus is semi-dormant for years and
years (10 to 15 year spans are on record) and then it suddenly
appears,,,the same can be said of AIDS..it's manageable in many cases
until,...poof,,it morphs to full blown AIDS.

Which means nothing if you've never been exposed to it.

Monogamous doesn't mean act like a slut
throughout your "formative" years and then
decide to "stay with one person at age 30.

That you consider a past sexual history equals "acting like a slut"
reveals several interesting facts of your beliefs regarding this topic.

Yes, it reveals that I don't believe that sex should be engaged as a
casual activity. Sex is a part of an act of love, to be shared with
someone who you have a much deeper emotional bond with. Not something
for two people, who are barely friends, who are simply looking to kill
a few hours.

The ONLY "cure" is found in
the prevention..in other words, abstaining from pre-marital sex then
both parties getting a thorough CBC (complete blood count) prior to
tying the knot.

Now you are finally seeing the light.

I've known this since 1980 when the disease was traced to a cave in
Africa and suspected of being contracted from bat guano (the initial
host.....believed by scholars) or a rhesus monkey. Google "The Hot Zone"
and the parallels are there for the reading. Better yet, read the book.
Now if only you could understand that monogamy today does not discount
one's past, as the majority of people have a sexual past history prior
to marriage and monogamy.

That's part of the problem.

Your claim that monogamy decreases the chance
of acquiring AIDS assumes incorrectly these people had no sexual past
history.

It's not an "all or nothing" proposition. While total abstinence
before marriage is a concept that's lost on this latest hedonistic
generation, the simple truth is that the less partners you have had,
the less your chances of catching AIDS. The type of partners you have
had also affects your chances. Frequent patronage of prostitutes, for
instance, greatly increases your chances of getting the disease.

The "clean" mark was originally 5 years, then 10, then
15,,,it's now believed that 20 years is the "safe" mark regarding past
sexual activity..in other words, if you have been monogamous for 20 years
with your partner, and your partner has also been monogamous for that
amount of time, the likelihood of contracting the virus decreases
substantially, but is -still- not discounted totally.

Better that than hooking up with someone who's rear end has seen more
bedsheets than underwear. My wife and I recently celebrated our 20
year wedding anniversary. So I guess we're safe ;-)

Congratulations!

I'd like to say the same regarding your beliefs of contracting this
disease, but I think your moral beliefs are heavily biasing and
preventing you from obtaining the facts regarding such.

The facts are quite simple. The less sex you engage in, the lesser
your chances of getting AIDS. Those who contract the disease have only
themselves, by virtue of their activities, to blame in most cases.

I am quite certain that my risk of contracting AIDS is less than my
chances of getting hit by a meteor. I am far more concerned with
cancer and heart disease as these pose a much greater risk to the
members of my family.

Dave
"Sandbagger"
http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj